Sunday, January 16, 2005

About last night

When I first met him, I called him fratguy because even though he's out of college he still had a sort of fraternity guy behavior about him. But once you get him away from a party with beer, he's less fratguy and more preppyguy trying to become yuppieguy. And yes, he went to an Ivy League college but I don't think he's all that bright. He probably got in with the minimum SAT scores, helped by his father being an alumni and his skill at playing lacrosse. Remember, the Ivy League schools aren't looking for the brightest students but the students most likely to be future leaders! He's probably working for a congressman in DC because his grades weren't high enough to get a job in investment banking (he says he's interested in politics), and his parents probably give him money to support his lifestyle. He says he applied to law school and is waiting to see where he's accepted.

He did talk about his work a lot, which normally is a big faux pas, but it's something I encouraged because I'm genuinely interested in hearing about what really goes on behind the scenes on Capitol Hill. (But if you have a boring job like computer programming, please don't tell me about it, I don't want to know!)

He has a cockiness about him that says "hey I'm God's gift to women," which I find to be simultaneously annoying and endearing. Of course he was eager to get me to go back to his apartment with him, and I decided to accept the invitation. His apartment is his biggest character flaw, it looks more like a college dorm room than living quarters for an adult. Yuck!

He's really good after hours, I can tell that he's had quite a bit of experience in the bedroom. This was probably just a one night thing, in a long term boyfriend I was hoping to find someone really intelligent and he's not. But it wasn't a bad one night thing.

I shouldn't really bring politics into this, but it's kind of hypocritical how he works for a conservative "pro-life" "family values" Christian congressman (not that I ever heard of the guy before, I looked him up on the internet), but he's all into having casual sex. Do the congressman's voters know what kind of un-Christian morals his staff has?

UPDATE

My response to these comments.

12 comments:

Danny Taggart said...

Heh. I guess you're going the Wonkette route. Good luck with that.

Brian Macker said...

I don't suppose you've ever hear of the phrase "I don't kiss and tell"? There are reasons why people follow that principle. The least of which is that you are not likely to get new dates if you chronicle your prior ones on your blog. At least not with the type of guy you'd want to marry at some point in the future.

Your first posts on the subject of marriage seemed sweet as I assumed you were trying to work this mystery out for yourself, abet in public. However things became more mean spirited. I would stop worrying about whether your job choice or IQ are going to "condemn me to not getting married" and start worrying about your public behavior.

I'm not your dad but you might consult him on this. This kind of post isn't exactly in your enlightened self interest.

I thought I would be agreeing much more with someone who posts as libertariangirl. I'm delinking you because this is beginning to feel like a voyeuristic blog instead of a political one. Not to meantion I haven't agreed with many post. I thought it was neat to find a female libertarian to link to when I saw your first post. However now I think I am going to need to find a link by libertarianwoman and not girl.

I suggest you remove the entire post ASAP. Don't be surprised by nasty comments. Seems like you want to cultivate enemies and then give them the means to destroy you.

PS. I am not talking about myself.

Fire said...

Yeah LG, I will have to agree with some of these posts, tho I wouldn't resort to calling you viscious names.

I was hoping that this site would be a great blog to point my readers to for an honest counter opinion.

But that's different than pointing my readers to a woman with no dignity or self respect.

Sorry

R said...

No, no, she's got readers because of that huge picture of her up in the top right corner. I myself come here out of the whole "car accident" curiosity. I read somewhere that, to put it lightly, there was a blogger who thought she was libertarian, but actually didn't know she wasn't, posting as "Libertarian Girl." Since visiting this blog I haven't been able to make heads or tails of her politics.

I mean, at least Ann Coulter knows what she's talking about.

By the way, software engineers kick all manner of ass. It's only the people too dense to appreciate what we do who "don't want to hear about it." Too high level for you? Ok.

Tim Swanson said...

Delinked.

Unknown said...

libertarian girl, first time reader & poster here...

i'm of several minds about your post. first of all, it should come as no surprise that the staffers of a congressjerk (and even the congressjerk him/herself) hold completely different, and at times contradictory, moral positions in real life than those they profess to further in the hallowed halls of government.

that being said, i must agree with one of the posters above, that the folks who voted in that congressjerk don't particularly have the same values as the jerk. though one would think some values would be shared, else he/she would be out on his/her ass.

then again, being a libertarian, what does it matter to you? aren't you in favor of individual freedomunencumbered by government, as long as folks aren't hurting one another? if you used protection, bully for you and him. have whatever relationship you like.

you are not a slut, any more than newt gingrich is when he had sex with his senior staffer while his wife was in the hospital! in fact, you're less of a slut! you're single and honest about it!

you go girl!

David Foster said...

I'm not an expert on libertarianism or anything, but I hadn't realized that being a libertarian required vows of celibacy. Which is what one might conclude from some of the comments here. Guess it's just my ignorance..

photoncourier.blogspot.com

HarryDisco said...

Hey I linked to you, because of your political views. I don't want my readers to click on the link and think I'm some sort of pervert. We democrats had enough smut with Bill Clinton in the White House. Consider yourself on probation.

The New Democrat

Arne Langsetmo said...

Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential book in the US after the Bible.Both rather trite fiction, IMO. I'd say that there's probably plenty better (and more influential) fiction than Ayn Rand's work. Think of Harriet Beecher Stowe, Hemingway, Mailer, Dubya, etc.

Unknown said...

Fucking skank. You'd think there was one intelligent woman with priorities above slutting herself to cocky jerks.

Anonymous said...

部分 痩せ
歌手オーディション
東大宮 不動産
物置
昭島市 一戸建て
オーダーカーテン
ローコスト住宅 東京
船橋 忘年会
バーチャルオフィス大阪
春期講習
保育士 派遣
大阪市 賃貸
東京 税理士
結婚活動
24時間風呂
土地活用 駐車場
肝臓がん
メール 英文
ビジネススクール 英語
高級ホテル
還元率 クレジットカード
ウェディングドレス
歯科医院開業
名入れ
加圧トレーニング 渋谷
スーツ お直し
エンジニア転職
税理士 中央区
ゴルフラウンドレッスン
ランニングマシーン
経営再建
[url=http://www.shiten.co.jp/]目黒区 不動産[/url]
[url=http://www.keieihatten.com/]経営再建[/url]

Anonymous said...

学生証 印刷
代々木 賃貸
ケータリング
妊娠 出血
結婚式 演出
不動産 立川
ウェイトドール
八王子 中古マンション
オーストラリア大学院留学
ゴルフレッスン世田谷
店舗デザイン
ブリスター
ノニジュース
ハードコンタクト
永住申請
医療機器 買取
ゴルフ会員権
ホワイトニング
トランクルーム 東京
還暦 お祝い
東京都 人材派遣
エコジョーズ
イーオン
社会保険労務士
二次会 幹事
結婚相談所 東京
ショッピング枠 現金化
インテリアデザイン 関西
かつら
ユニフォーム
平塚 一戸建て
水虫 治療
貸し事務所
ハーレー
マドプロ
バイク便
バイキング ホテル
アトピー性皮膚炎